Age-appropriate curricula for students of all ages are presented by District staff. Staff are currently available for in-person or remote presentations (including remote field trips to visit our laboratory!).
TK/K/1 presentations are 20-30 minutes and include a fun story time, learn about how to properly use a magnifying glass, and time to look at insects stuck in resin.
2/3/4/5 presentations are 1 hour and include a cute overview of the mosquito life cycle (similar to caterpillars and beetles) and a scientific observation/drawing/labelling activity with LIVE mosquito larvae.
Curricula themes for older students can include: life cycles, ecology/environmental biology, chemistry, and informed consumerism.
To schedule a presentation, fill out this form and Dr. Rachel will be in contact with you soon!
A variety of materials are available for borrowing for in-class use for all ages and grade levels. These materials include:
- Specialized aquaria to view the mosquito lifecycle in action,
- Picture books about insects and diversity in the field of entomology/field biology,
- Collections of picture-rich reference and field guides for classroom use,
- Insect-themed puzzles and games for a fun and interactive learning experience, and
- Large printed maps for classroom use.
"We were so impressed with your presentation and support materials. It was a huge hit with our kinders, and we hope we have the opportunity to do it again next year. "Linda, Kindergarten teacher