Age-appropriate curricula for students of all ages are presented by District staff. Staff are currently available for outdoor in-person presentations, or for remote presentations (including remote field trips to visit our laboratory!).
A variety of materials are available for borrowing for in-class use for all ages and grade levels. These materials include:
- Specialized aquaria to view the mosquito lifecycle in action,
- Picture books about insects and diversity in the field of entomology/field biology,
- Collections of picture-rich reference and field guides for classroom use, and
- Insect-themed puzzles and games for a fun and interactive learning experience.
- Large printed maps for classroom use.
Curricula themes for older students can include: life cycles, ecology/environmental biology, chemistry, and informed consumerism.
To schedule a presentation, contact Public Health Education and Outreach Officer Rachel Curtis-Robles or call (650) 344-8592.