Is something bugging you? Bring a sample by the District office anytime we’re open. The laboratory staff will attempt to identify your sample and, if possible, provide information on resolving your pest issue.
To increase the likelihood that our staff will be able to identify your sample, please:
- contain your sample in a closed vial, jar, bag, or other container
- avoid damaging the sample if possible
- bring the sample to the office promptly before decomposition begins
- note when and where you collected the sample, and whether it bit or stung anyone
- samples on adhesive monitoring traps for mites, bedbugs, and fleas are also ok
In some cases, it may be possible to identify insects and arthropods from photos. You may email photos to email@example.com. For best results taking bug photos, please read this first. You may want to save the sample in case your specimen cannot be identified from your photo.