Applications are always accepted and kept on file for three years. Applications and resumes may be filed in person, by mail or online
Operations Director (Exempt, Salaried)Click HERE for full description of Operations Director position
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30pm
FILING PERIOD: July 27, 2021 to August 27, 2021
SALARY: $112,965 to $153,265 Depending on experience
Under the general direction of the District Manager, the Operations Director is responsible for the management of the Operations Department and its staff. In addition, the Operations Director is an integral member of District management team that assists the District Manager in planning, organizing, directing and evaluating the District’s programs. The Operations Director plans, organizes and directs the District’s Operations program.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree from an accredited College or University is required. A Bachelor’s degree in entomology, biology, ecology, or other closely related field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of field experience in mosquito and/or vector control or equivalent disciplines.
- Individuals appointed to the position must obtain certificates of competency issued by the State of California Department of Health Services entitled “Certified Technician – Mosquito Control”, “Terrestrial Invertebrate Vector Control”, and “Vertebrate Vector Control” (Licenses A, B, C, D) as a condition of continued employment within one year of their original date of hire. Certification must be maintained throughout employment.
- Demonstrated wide-ranging experience in using public health pesticides, including application, safety, health effects, and overall hazards to animals and plant life.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising and instructing all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and implement general insect surveys and specific vector surveillance and control programs.
- General knowledge of research techniques and investigative methods.
- Valid California Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record insurable under the guidance of the Vector Control Joint Powers Agency. License must be maintained throughout employment.
- Persons selected for appointment will be required to pass a pre-employment medical examination including pre-employment drug testing and a thorough criminal and civil background check.
- Other relevant knowledge and abilities may be considered in-lieu of, or in addition to, the foregoing.
Vector Control Aide I/II (Seasonal)Click HERE for full description of Vector Control Aide I/II position
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30pm
Dates: April/May through October/November (season length varies)
Wage: $18.00 - $23.00 per hour (DOE)
Vector Control Aide I/II (Seasonal) employees, under direct supervision of the Assistant Manager, Field Operations Supervisor or Vector Control Technicians shall carry out routine inspections of residences in areas known to have mosquitoes, and/or complete field work entailing inspection and larvicidal treatment of creeks, catch basins, drains, salt marsh areas, miscellaneous sources, and stocking mosquito fish in backyard ponds. These positions also include preparing materials and equipment for work assignments, service requests, clearing access ways, some drainage maintenance, general maintenance, housekeeping, and assistance with frequent or routine needs. Seasonal employees are required to work dependably and cooperatively with others, maintain and appreciate safety precautions, and operate some specialized equipment.
Seasonal employees may operate right-hand drive vehicles.
- High School Graduate
- 18 Years of age or over
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license; must be insurable by the District’s automobile liability insurance program and must maintain a valid driver’s license and insurability throughout employment at the District.
- Preference will be given to those currently holding California Department of Public Health Vector Control Technician A,B certifications
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test, as well as a physical ability test.