Applications are always accepted and kept on file for three years. Applications and resumes may be filed in person, by mail or online
Vector Control Aide I/II (Seasonal)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Dates: April/May through October/November (season length varies)
Wage: $19.00 - $25.00 per hour (DOE)
Vector Control Aide I/II (Seasonal) employees, under direct supervision of the Operations Director, Field Operations Supervisor or Vector Control Technicians shall carry out routine inspections of residences in areas known to have mosquitoes, and/or complete field work entailing inspection and larvicidal treatment of creeks, catch basins, drains, salt marsh areas, miscellaneous sources, and stocking mosquito fish in backyard ponds. These positions also include preparing materials and equipment for work assignments, service requests, clearing access ways, some drainage maintenance, general maintenance, housekeeping, and assistance with frequent or routine needs. Seasonal employees are required to work dependably and cooperatively with others, maintain and appreciate safety precautions, and operate some specialized equipment. Seasonal employees may operate right-hand drive vehicles.Click HERE for full description of Vector Control Aide I/II position
- High School Graduate
- 18 Years of age or over
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license; must be insurable by the District’s automobile liability insurance program and must maintain a valid driver’s license and insurability throughout employment at the District.
- Preference will be given to those currently holding California Department of Public Health Vector Control Technician A,B certifications
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test, as well as a physical ability test.
Public Health Education and Outreach Assistant (Seasonal)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; possible occasional evening and/or weekend hours
Dates: May/June through August/September (start and end dates flexible)
Wage: $26.00 - $31.00 per hour (DOE)
Applications accepted until May 20, 2023, or until position is filled
The Seasonal Public Health Education and Outreach Assistant, under direct supervision of the Public Health Education and Outreach Officer, shall assist in all aspects of public education and outreach-related work, including assisting with summer youth outreach enrichment programs, development of social media content, and/or analysis of use of District services by residents throughout San Mateo County.Click HERE for full description of the Public Health Education and Outreach Assistant position
- Minimum of High School Graduate or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred, with coursework in public health, communications, and/or GIS preferred.
- 18 Years of age or over
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences about public health vector control topics.
- Intermediate level experience in using computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Bilingual (Spanish, Mandarin, or Tagalog/Filipino) highly desirable.
- Valid California Driver’s License and ability to qualify for coverage under the District’s insurance with the Vector Control Joint Powers Agency. A District vehicle will be provided as necessary for this work.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check, drug test and a physical ability test.